Growing company in the plastics packaging industry has an exciting opportunity available for a Sales Account Manager. This position will be involved in new business development and managing existing business. This position will be involved with calling on and developing new business with retail (Wal-Mart, Target, Kroger, etc.), food companies and pharmaceutical companies. This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the Midwest. The position offers a very competitive base salary, bonus potential, excellent benefits and a car allowance.
- Develop new customers for existing products through the direct efforts of the representative i.e., cold calling, networking with market contacts, and networking through industry organizations.
- Develop new sales of products to existing customers as assigned to the representative.
- Support other team members in their sales efforts
- Supporting the company’s production, inventory, accounts receivable and accounting functions as they relate to the sales effort.
- Identifying new product inventories.
- Serve as the primary relationship manager of key accounts as developed by the representative or assigned.
- Coordinate the work of team members to assist the representative in servicing large accounts managed by the representative.
- Work with team members to service large accounts being managed by other sales personnel.
- Provide to management ongoing reports, budgeting and forecasts of the representatives territory.
- Work within the 12 Week Year Sales Program.
- Work with the production and accounting groups to ensure timely order fulfilment and prompt payment by the customer.
- Maintain records of all of the representatives accounts in the CRM system.
- Help train customer’s personnel on the use of products.
- In the event of an issue at a customer, help troubleshoot issues with the customer’s process and/or products.
- Participate in marketing efforts i.e., setting-up, tearing down, and manning trade show booths; following up on leads from the website, trade shows or other sources; and participating in industry organizations.
- Identifying new product opportunities within the market and customer base and once identified, work with new product development and design team members to bring a solution to market.
- Other responsibilities will be added as needed.
- A minimum of five years of successful outside, applicable, sales experience.
- Proven track record of closing direct sales of products and/or services and meeting or exceeding individual and team goals.
- Ability to develop and illustrate customer ROI models for products.
- Understanding of the development of pricing models based on costs and margins.
- Understanding of how to price products based on market conditions.
- Experience with at least one formal CRM platform.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Significant computer competency with fluency in email communications and MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to follow written and verbal work instructions.
- Willingness and ability to travel daily.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Job Reference Number: 8-31E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.