Excellent company with sales over $6 billion dollars has an excellent opportunity available for a Tooling Engineer. You will be required to perform a variety of engineering tasks as well as identify areas of improvement to increase operation efficiency. This position offers a very competitive base salary, bonus potential and outstanding benefits!
- Ensure and maintain a safe working environment and adhere to all PPE requirements. Contribute to a Safety-First Culture by identifying Risky Situations.
- Design (concept or full) any process tooling, fixtures, and simple machinery. Especially responsible for mold design (mold type, cavity principles, the position of the part in the mold, partying lines, split bars, knock-out system, …)
- Manage a small group of all-around machinists involved in the upkeep and repair of manufacturing tools, proto-type metal cutting support, and small lot machining.
- Schedule and manage tooling workflow and work requirements between all manufacturing groups.
- Manage preventative maintenance of our tools and ensure the good status of all the production tooling.
- Implement visual systems within the tooling shop utilizing lean production principles.
- Manage quotation, purchase (in coordination with the purchasing team), and testing of new tooling and simple machinery.
- Manage document control for our tooling drawings.
- Manage quotation, design, and purchase of tools (in coordination with the purchasing team) to meet completion milestones and technical specifications of our product.
- Familiarity with all aspects of machine shop practices.
- Strong understanding of elastomer tooling and processes.
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Proficient in CAD systems (CREO preferred).
- CNC programming, manual mill, lathe desired
- Able to interface with design and build houses for elastomer tooling.
- Detailed, accurate, and schedule commitment-focused individual.
- Previous experience in mechanical engineering or other related fields
- Familiarity with manufacturing designs or schematics
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- US Citizenship required
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree a plus (B. S.) technical field from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Plus 5 years of industry experience. Rubber or elastomer experience preferred.
Job Reference Number: 10-11E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.