- Produce CAD drawings and part renderings for new or improved products.
- Support tool fabrication efforts by creating CAD drawings for use by on site Tool Room.
- Collaborate on any necessary changes to address design issues and foster continuous improvement of in-house tool design(s).
- Participate with efforts to convert legacy part design documents from KEYCREATOR and CADKEY to SolidWorks.
- Work with other team members to obtain reference / historical information for products and tooling.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing team to investigate and resolve manufacturing issues with existing products / designs.
- Support manufacturing operations and processes ensuring the quality of the products meet or exceed customer requirement and expectations.
- Participate in engineering and manufacturing design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Provide alternative design concepts to meet customer requirements.
- Support fabrication of tooling for new products by suppliers as needed.
- Improve and support new and existing operations, methods, and processes for cost reductions, quality and efficiency improvements.
- Work closely with employees throughout the company to promote cooperation and teamwork focused on the continuous improvement of all aspects of manufacturing and overall business performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience
- One to three years of tool design for Injection Molding and Thermoforming plastic processes
- Fluent with SolidWorks (or equivalent)
- Mastercam or WorkNC CAM software experience or familiarity with tool fabrication interface
- Experience with 8D, FMEA, or other systemic problem-solving tools
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan
Job Reference Number: 3-8.2AG
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.