Multi-billion dollar company has an excellent opportunity available for a Manufacturing Engineer in the Lexington, KY area. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for leading and executing capital and continuous improvement projects throughout the operation with primary focus in the Kentucky operation.
- Provide engineering support of large multi-faceted projects. Must have experience developing and managing project budgets, timelines, and scope. Must be effective in communication of project status and results.
- Prepare facility and equipment layout concept drawings and detailed drawings as required in 2D CAD with 3D CAD skills highly desired.
- Develop project scope, costs, justification, and schedule for assigned projects. Prepare and present capital request documentation as required.
- Work with internal and external engineering resources, as well as equipment vendors to design and install new equipment and processes or reconfigure and upgrade existing equipment to suit the needs of the business.
- Manage contractors, as well as internal resources during project execution.
- Lead and participate in project start-up including troubleshooting of mechanical, electrical, and process systems.
- Develop equipment and process design standards for assigned areas of operations.
- Must be resourceful, open to taking on and executing projects that are outside the individuals current skillset.
- BS in Engineering.
- Five plus years of relevant experience; preferably working in plastics injection molding.
- Skills with extrusion and processing recycled plastics would also be considered desirable.
- Must have functional experience in one or more of the following areas: 1.) Large and complex equipment installation; preferably injection molding equipment. 2.) Facility construction including equipment foundations and utilities. 3.) Facility process water systems. 4.) Bulk material conveyance systems.
- Experience in thermoplastics, polyethylene, polypropylene, HDPE, LLDPE, LDPE or polyolefins would be a plus.