The Paint Process Engineer(s) will be responsible for overseeing the paint standards within the plant. This will involve implementing the most effective methods to follow, stabilize, and optimize those processes and results and will be the subject matter expert of their assigned process.
In addition, they will participate in the launch of all new product and process introductions, along with new paint line and robot installations, in addition to managing the paint mixing room area and paint supplier activities.
- Follow-up on all engineering changes concerning the introduction of new colors from paint supplier selection to final customer validation
- Lead color improvement progress plan
- Support color matching with the customers
- Manage paint supplier through continuous improvement and ensure that paint incoming process is respected. (Including paint stock coverage)
- Support new projects launches in line with requirements
- Control and optimize process parameters
- Stabilize and optimize painting area performance (paint consumption, scraps reduction)
- Test and validate technical solutions (Projects, changes in the plant, equipment supplier)
- Analyze process failures
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and productivity
- Participate in paint assessment
- Develop the paint processes and systems ensuring a framework that will achieve world class standards of quality and service to the customer and to achieve environmental compliance.
- Own the paint process FMEA for your area and make sure that standardized work practices are being used
- Establish and continually monitor process Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Establish effective communication channels with the team to develop knowledge, and ensure consistent business goals
- Support the development of the paint mixing room team to deliver best in class processes and standards.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained by the Paint team.
- Work with other departments to support and solve joint problems - molding, assembly, and quality control.
- Support with coaching and training within the paint team and technicians.
- Assess/analyze current processes and drive improvement projects for safety, quality, throughput, and cost.
- Ensure critical process parameters are properly documented and tracked using Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodologies.
- Ensure appropriate TPM systems are in place and appropriate actions taken to maintain the facility in good operating condition.
- Undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and/or Plastics Engineering
- Ability to lead, coach and engage teams
- Process orientated
- Previous experience in a similar role within manufacturing (desirable)
- Previous experience in a similar role within automotive (desirable)
- Paint experience and colorimetry management knowledge (essential)