Very large and growing company has an excellent opportunity available for a Key Account Manager. This pivotal roles is dedicated to developing and maintaining relationships with key commercial vehicle OEMs to drive growth within the account.
It’s a fast-paced roll for a technically minded and entrepreneurial spirit who’s self-motivated and passionate about business and application development.
The Key Account Manager is the primary liaison between company and its customers, and is responsible for establishing, maintaining and enhancing key relationships and communication at a variety of levels within the OEM account, ensuring timely and accurate communication between the customer and the company.
Experience in automotive, metal stamping, forgings, plastics or injection molding would be a plus. This position offers a very competitive base salary, bonus potential and comprehensive benefits package including: medical/dental/vision, life and disability protection; innovative vacation plan; participation (100% co. paid) in the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP); 401k program match and wellness reimbursement.
- The key leader on all commercial and engineering efforts related to customer.
- Builds, maintains and creates strong customer relationships in all key departments (purchasing, engineering, supplier management, planning, etc.).
- Ability to construct complex business proposals and gain organizational approval for those business cases.
- Develops and communicates engineering proposals, presenting at varying levels of the organization; both internal at co. and with the customer.
- Ensures profitability by negotiating the highest possible price while maximizing market-share potential.
- Responsible for the completion of customer quote forms and submission to the customer.
- Works with cross-functional engineering team on landed programs and is involved from concept development through product launch.
- Responsible for multi-year LTA negotiations and LTA compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- Five or more years of engineering and/or business development experience working on products (or services) for commercial vehicle or automotive OEMs is required.
- Commercial experience in castings, wheel ends or other commodities supporting the commercial vehicle or automotive market is required.
- Significant experience working closely with a variety of contacts within major Commercial Vehicle OEM’s highly preferred.
- Knowledge of the North American commercial vehicle market sufficient to provide guidance and vision to the company and staff preferred.
- Career history characterized by strong employers operating in growth environments, stability in employment and success in assignments.