Large global plastics company, with over 2,000 employees has an exciting opportunity available for a Technical Sales Representative. This is a home-based position that can be located in Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Mississippi, or almost anywhere in the Southwestern USA. This position offers an excellent base salary, bonus salary, comprehensive benefits and a car allowance.
This position represents company within his/her assigned territory as the technical and commercial customer lead for our additive products and solutions. Included with selling the standard product portfolio, this position will also focus on solution selling customized blends (compacts & concentrates) that the company also sells.
The Sales Representative will have three primary responsibilities:
- Driving sales growth within the thermoplastic market in the assigned territory/customers with the current product portfolio and solution services utilizing value selling techniques.
- Develop relationships with the key members of this market segment – Tier 1 suppliers, compounders and convertors.
- Assist in developing additive product opportunities by identifying unmet performance or esthetic needs in the targeted thermoplastic end use segment. The role will also include significant interaction with regional/global end use managers.
- Sales growth within the thermoplastics segments.
- Serve as the primary interface with existing customers or targeted potential customers to drive business development opportunities.
- Manage existing accounts with the primary objective of growing sales.
- Develop sales at prospective customers.
- Active involvement at trade organizations and events.
- Attend key trade events as necessary.
- Confident & professional presence in front of customers at all levels of the organization.
- A hands-on approach in order to solve specific problems and maximize our opportunity to close on new business.
- A “can-do” attitude coupled with frankness to share bad news and/or convey and alternative perspective.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, or related Material Science or Engineering.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ of relevant experience working for a commercial business in the polymer industry.
- An ability to communicate both orally and in written form.
- Communicate effectively with customers; making presentations, emailing, listening, etc.
- Ability to satisfy customer needs to win new business
- Ability to value sell
- Must be an individual with a proven history of sales growth and high achievement.
- Experience with technical service and/or commercial sales is preferred.
- Knowledge of the plastic industry.
- Must be able to drive a car and fly on a plane; overnight travel (at least 50%).