Well established company in the St. Louis, MO area has an excellent opportunity available for a Quality Manager/Director. This position is responsible for accelerating the development and implementation of those quality and operational improvement required to achieve world-class manufacturing. This position reports to the President. The role exercises authority to organize and direct the quality engineering programs to meet customer expectations for quality and reliability in a cost effective manner, by leading production teams in identifying root causes and implementing corrective actions. This position will also lead the metrology lab and the Quality Auditors on the factory floor. In support of continuous improvement efforts, the Quality Leader must provide excellent communications internally with customers, and with the supply base. This role provides internal customer service and tech support for quality related issues and proactively addresses areas of weakness within the quality system to drive improvement. This position is also a key contributor in generating reduced operating expenses, improved productivity, and decreased costs. The Quality Leader must ensure compliance to TS-16949 automotive and ISO-9001 standards.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Primary Senior Leader for meeting the organizational goals for Continuous Quality Improvement and sustaining the TS-16949 standards of performance.
- Develop the strategies necessary to address areas of relative quality improvement opportunities company-wide.
- Control and direct measures aimed at reducing cost of quality and improving profitability.
- Monitor and address all customer concerns, complaints, and rejects, and give early warning relevant departments as to problems highlighted. Pro-actively communicate issues and opportunities with customers. Exercise authority to establish and achieve quality standards that result in customer satisfaction.
- Educate workforce to ensure that the quality assurance goals of the operation are met.
- Develop programs for the use of statistical techniques in continual improvement efforts and provide management with periodic reports of use of statistical techniques. Provide statistical training as necessary.
- Oversee metrology laboratory and improve the lab’s effectiveness and productivity.
- Provide for the development and effectiveness of the Quality Engineering staff to ensure competency with current techniques, developments and requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement by proactively addressing areas of weakness within the quality system to drive improvement.
- Determine root cause and corrective action requirements generated from customer concerns and provide management with reports on customer concern activities. Assure that CAR’s are properly resolved.
- Assure the effectiveness of the New Product Launch APQP and PPAP processes.
Other responsibilities or projects as assigned
- BS or BS degree required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ of experience in manufacturing environment, with a minimum of five years’ of experience in a Quality Management role.
- Experience in high volume automotive manufacturing facility required.
- Intimate knowledge of TS-16949 quality procedures required.
- Six Sigma/Lean background and computer knowledge is required; ASQ certifications desirable.
- Must be able to effectively train others in quality methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative and organize multiple projects and establish priorities.
- Ability to train others using demonstration, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work across all manufacturing functional groups and lead improvement initiatives cross-functionally.
- Experience in plastics, blow molding, injection molding, extrusion, thermoplastics or compression molding would be a plus.
- Occasional travel is required.