Growing company with over $1 billion dollars in sales has an excellent opportunity available for a Packaging Engineer. Excellent comprehensive benefits package, base salary and targeted annual bonus structure.
Benefits to include:
- Excellent base salary & targeted annual bonus structure.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package; including medical, dental,
vision coverage, life and disability protection.
- Company 401k match program.
- Innovative vacation plan.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications of the product to determine physical characteristics of item, special-handling and safety requirements, and type of materials required for container.
- Improve production line efficiencies and overall equipment efficiencies by right size of packaging.
- Consuls with establishments purchasing and production departments to determine costs and feasibility of producing proposed packaging.
- Identifies opportunities within the facility to convert expendable packaging to returnable packaging.
- Seeks to reduce/eliminate packaging creep, aiding in packaging design to remove over packaging of products.
- Develops or directs the development of sketches, specifications, samples, and written analysis of proposed packaging in order to present design for approval.
- Work with vendors for packaging improvement, design finalization.
- Collaborate with customer and corporate packaging engineering to design/test/implement customer bound returnable container systems.
- Develop return on investments calculations for packaging projects to determine financial feasibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Packaging Science or Mechanical Engineering degree preferred); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified packaging professional.
- Automotive Tier One experience.
- Minimum four ears working experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to design packaging and layouts in AutoCAD and 3D software such as Creo.