Well established and growing company in Northeast Ohio has an exciting opportunity available for a Technical Engineer. This position is responsible for all aspects of the technical support and processes at the company. The Technical Engineer will also manage some suppliers in a product manager role. Training will be provided.
- Field customer calls/questions.
- Field sales team questions.
- Liaison for supplier technical (includes working on joint studies).
- Manage internal blue sheets (chemical cross-references).
- Assist with the technical side of complaints.
- Technical and full approval for new products.
- Create technical data sheets for private label products.
- Gather and manage technical literature on the Online Technical Library.
- Shelf life and product recertification management.
Product Management responsibilities:
- Conduct business reviews with suppliers.
- Manage product pricing process including setting/approving product margins.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers.
- Communicate with suppliers and sales team on all aspects of the product line.
- Manage forecast/budget for suppliers.
- Understand and analyze competitors to suppliers.
- Look for alternative suppliers for key products where supply agreements are not in place.
- Work with ERP system to generate reports and analyze supplier & customer performance.
- Maintain market knowledge on key raw materials and supply chain items.
- Make sure inventory levels are adequate and address any slow moving inventory issues.
- Work with management to put supply agreements in place with key suppliers.
- Manage the new business development funnel process for assigned suppliers.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The desired candidate will have a chemistry, chemical engineering degree or similar. The ideal candidate will have a technical aptitude, strong work ethic and excellent communication skills are imperative. Experience in polymers, elastomers, plastics, extrusion, thermoplastics, rubber, polyolefins or TPE would be a plus.