Growing and very successful company in Tennessee has an excellent opportunity available for a Quality Engineer. Experience in plastic injection molding, blow molding, HDPE, LLDPE, LDPE, thermoplastics, extrusion, polyethylene, or polypropylene would be a plus. This position offers a very competitive base salary, profit sharing and comprehensive benefits.
- Reviews and disposition supplier PPAP submissions including generation of receiving inspection sampling plan as required.
- Administers training program including testing requirements for hourly personnel.
- Supervision of Quality Inspectors.
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Implement companywide continuous improvement tools and techniques to improve productivity, eliminate waste and streamline operations.
- Receive and coordinate the resolution of customer complaints.
- Devise sampling procedures and designs, and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data.
- Develop and maintain company PFMEAs, Process Flow, CAPA, and other related documentation.
- Establish and maintain company calibration program to evaluate accuracy and measurement equipment.
- Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant materials.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams including internal, supplier and customer groups.
- Use collaboration and consensus to resolve issues.
- Ability to solve simple to complex problems in an innovative and decisive manner.
- Abide by all company initiatives such as 5S and Lean.
- Responsible for maintaining all quality control documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; GD&T knowledge.
- Overnight travel based upon company plant and/or customer need (<15%).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; statistical software use such as Minitab and/or ANSTAT preferred; ability to learn new software as needed.