Large and growing company in New Jersey has an excellent opportunity available for a Plant Maintenance & Engineering Manager. Provides leadership and direction to the manufacturing engineering/maintenance department and maintenance employees. Responsible for daily engineering activities, continuous improvement programs, capital projects for production/maintenance/facility, the installation of machines and equipment, repair and diagnostic analysis of equipment, preventive maintenance and general upkeep of the facility. Research, plan, and design mechanical and electro-mechanical products and systems. Coordinates activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, and installation of mechanical or electro-mechanical products and systems.
- Proficient in manufacturing processes with machinery and equipment.
- Must have a thorough understanding of systems to be maintained such as: electrical, mechanical, industrial machinery operations and maintain safe working environment.
- Working competence in digital transformation to assist in developing and implementing a digital transformation strategy/action plan for maintenance department.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal, written, technical and presentation) skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Excellent problem solving / troubleshooting and strong analytical skills in reviewing maintenance issues and possible operational impacts.
- Proficient in time management with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be detailed oriented, organized and have the ability to prioritize and delegate tasks when needed.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Must be able to promote a positive relationship and encourage teamwork through positive communication between all team members.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Manufacturing or related field.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in manufacturing/production environment and one year of maintenance/plant operations experience required.
- Experience working with high-power electrical systems, hydraulics, project management, lean manufacturing, and statistical analysis software. Experience working in a union environment a plus.