Currently looking for a Design Engineer who will be responsible for analyzing customer’s needs; determining modifications or designs needed to fulfill requirements for equipment. This role also includes analyzing existing products with a view to improving their efficiency and overall performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design functional equipment that meets customer needs.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of company’s products and equipment capabilities, as well as engineering disciplines effecting equipment.
- Check detail drawings for assemblies for others and self as required.
- Create or modify assembly and piece detail drawings utilizing AutoCAD and/or INVENTOR for in-house and outside steel fabrication resulting in complete, accurate, consistent, timely and efficient production and sales drawings.
- Communicate with other departments and vendors regarding timing and availability of items.
- Resolve problems and answer questions of other departments concerning drawings.
- Take field trips to job sites to make field measurements and/or observe.
- Travel (on short notice at times) with sales personnel to customers’ and vendors’ facilities.
- Fully embrace the quality system and needs to identify opportunities and drive continuous improvement.
- Performs any related duties as required or assigned to ensure efficiency of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or approved Associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in mechanical design preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using AutoCAD & INVENTOR software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.