Responsible for mold changes and set-ups according to production schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned as apparent or required by management.
- Performs color and order changes.
- Performs complete mold changes and set-ups of all molding machinery.
- Prepares all release paperwork including measuring of the product and start-up.
- Responsible for first line visual and dimensional inspection of the product.
- Performs line clearance before starting a new order.
- Troubleshoots product defects, part containment, and other issues during production.
- Responsible for keeping machine cards, orders, mold change reports, and process change sheets updated.
- Works according to safety regulations at all times and reports unsafe conditions immediately.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six months to one year related experience and/or training.
- Previous injection molding experience required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database, Inventory, and Manufacturing software.