A leading manufacture of hole making and finishing cutting tool systems has an immediate need for a Sales Engineer to join their organization. This position will be responsible for managing the selling activities in a defined territory and will act as the company representative to all distributors and end-users within that territory. Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder to apply.
- Develop a territory business plan with identified target accounts to meet the required sales increases. Also, make recommendations regarding distributor’s account status (deletions/additions). Review and adjust quarterly with the regional sales manager’s input.
- Maintain and develop additional end user business at existing accounts in the assigned territory and provide supervision of distributors associated with these accounts.
- Continue to expand new end user accounts and provide supervision of distributors associated with these accounts.
- Develop and maintain a list of end users within the territory.
- Establish and maintain distributor relationships
- Review and recommend adjustments to distributor stocking and discount programs as required to motivate and obtain required territory sales goals.
- Motivate distributor sales personnel to increase company sales through various means, but not limited to, product knowledge, applications support, and the use of company promotional programs such as the guaranteed test and demo tool programs.
- Maintain a high degree of technical proficiency regarding all company products relative to application of those products and be able to communicate, in a clear and concise manner with distributors and end users.
- Develop OEM accounts within your territory as per the regional sales manager’s direction.
- Be knowledgeable about the company’s sales policies and procedures. Keep the distributors advised of current sales policies and any changes.
- Conduct workshops or seminars with distributors and end users as required.
- Maintain timely reporting procedures regarding itineraries, expense reports, testing and trial order records, business reports as well as any reporting functions required to establish and maintain good communications with all concerned.
- Be accountable for all company property assigned to you. This includes but is not limited to company vehicles, communication equipment, show & tell tooling, literature and others.
- Provide regional sales manager with field information relative to possible new product opportunities
- Work on special assignments as directed by the regional sales manager (e.g. Tool show attendance)
- 2 Year engineering or technology degree, 4 year degree preferred
- Two years diversified manufacturing experiences, preferred
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills both oral and written
- Interpersonal skills
- E-mail software, Microsoft Office or equivalent.