Very large and successful company with multiple manufacturing locations has an excellent opportunity available for a Production Manager. This position offers a very competitive base salary, bonus potential, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for advancement. This position is responsible for managing all plant production activities and safety, ensuring compliance with all company/plant policies; meeting production schedules and standards; producing in accordance with applicable customer requirements, maintaining optimum production at the least possible cost, defining problem areas and other areas for improvement, conducting investigations and implementing solutions.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Reviews and maintains production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products, and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan facility operations.
- Responsible for the safety performance of the plant and takes an active role in the plant’s safety programs and goals.
- Directs and coordinates production processes and operational functions to achieve goals and optimal production performance.
- Directly supervises and trains the production supervisors and leads all other production positions to ensure a skilled workforce. Assesses skills and recommends or provides training to ensure compliance to all performance and safety standards and holds authority to prevent production of defective product.
- Serves as a back-up to the Plant Director/Manager.
- Maintains production efficiencies and scrap minimization and is responsible for the scrap reduction reports and team efforts to reduce scrap and increase efficiencies. Champions plant projects designed to promote continuous improvement efforts and optimize production efficiencies respective to all goals as directed by the Operations and/or Plant Manager.
- Coordinates and directs the activities of performance system and related continuous improvement efforts (factory visual management, daily management system, 5S, strategic and problem A3s, etc.).
- Experience in plastic injection molding, extrusion, packaging, blow molding, thermoforming, polyethylene, polypropylene, HDPE, LLDPE, thermoplastics or polyolefins would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree; technical or related field.
- Five years of experience in manufacturing and supervision.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of machine and tools; including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- SAP and plastics industry experience a plus.
- Travel 10%