Growing company with multiple manufacturing locations has an outstanding opportunity available for an Injection Molding Process Engineer. Develops, implements, and supports lean and data driven approaches to provide optimal quality, and cost effective processes for injection molding department. Maintains process standardization across all shifts, and communicates performance of processes for scrap, cavitation, efficiency, cycle times, and PM completion and effectiveness.
- Hands-on injection molding processing skills, robot programming, and EOAT.
- Troubleshooting processes to improve quality and efficiencies.
- Establish, lead, communicate processes with upper/lower limits, optimizing processes, and scrap reduction in injection molding department.
- Develop repeatable processes, quick color changes, purging actions, quick mold changes, and standard practices in injection molding department.
- Prioritizes yearly department improvement initiatives that align with business needs.
- Leads and documents Kaizen activities that show improved process flow and reduce wastes.
- Responsible for completing and training DOE and Six Sigma initiatives to optimize processing parameters and documenting processes.
- Responsible for conducting RCA’s when mold process deviation or failure occurred that created known substantial losses of press uptime, damage, and/or material loss.
- Responsible for LNA specific mold training by creating and maintaining mold specific training presentation guides for Mold Technicians to be trained to.
- Establish training procedures for Injection Molding Technicians.
- Ensure entire staff are properly trained, resourced, supplied, and managed to attain strategic objectives.
- Responsible for creating clear goals and objectives that align with business strategy for molding department team.
- General tooling understanding and tool cleaning.
- General understanding of injection molding machines.
- Daily supervision of the Injection Molding Technicians – Safety is always #1.
- Assist w/installation of new equipment.
- Essential team member for customer audit preparation.
- Provides back-up support to the engineering group.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; High School or Trade School diploma
- Minimum of four year’s related experience
- Molds and processes
- Lean Practitioner
- Six Sigma / Yellow Belt or above
- Problem Solving (RCA / DMAIC)
- Oral and written communication
- Teamwork / Judgement
- Intermediate Mathematical and Language skills
- High reasoning and critical thinking ability
- Ability to read blueprints, electrical schematics, and pneumatic drawings
- Limited travel may be required