A niche manufacturer of architectural coating systems for the commercial market has an opportunity available for a Technical Services Manager for the Midwestern USA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical training for contractors through onsite and in-house educational programs.
- Provide onsite technical support for established contractors and end users.
- Trouble shoot complications related to product installation
Team leader working on projects related to:
- Floor Failure Analysis
- Product Failure Analysis
- Benchmarking Competitive Products
- R&D Projects
- Aid in the proper specification of flooring and wall systems
- Determine Best Practice Surface Preparation Methods
- Determine Best Practice Application procedures
- Provide assistance navigating through the company website
- Provide assistance navigating through the Technical Catalog
- Work as a key support member on R&D projects
- Assist RSM and TL/RM by providing technical sales support
- Make presentations to contractors demonstrating new and existing products
- Provide field intelligence on new product opportunities, services and market potentials.
- Must adhere to all company policies and safety rules.
- Must be able to work extended hours when required
- Travel requirements greater than 60% of time.
- 4-Year college degree; science, engineering or technical preferred but not required.
- Minimum 5 years in technical support / concrete coating application with a minimum of
2 years in resinous flooring product application experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Leadership experience is essential.