Our client is seeking an Offset Press Operator to join our growing and thriving organization. This role is the first pressman of a three person team in charge of running our facilities’ KBA. The Lead Press Operator is responsible for the overall print quality and timely delivery of all work produced on the press; and must comply with all standard production and quality assurance procedures. This Operator is part of our 4th team we are building and will be working 12-hour shifts (7pm to 7am) with their schedule being 4 days on, 4 days off.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a robust benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life, disability plans, employee assistance programs, wellness incentives, health savings accounts, flexible spending plans, paid vacation time as well as earned PTO for perfect attendance, company paid holidays, 401K Plan and more!
- Responsible for operating high-quality products using a KBA 57 inch, 7 Unit Offset sheetfed printing equipment
- Responsible for performing machine make ready’s, achieving run speed standards, productivity efficiencies, and more importantly, achieving customer requirements and the quality standards our site is known for
- Monitors the product for quality while minimizing waste and rework
- Adhere to all quality assurance specifications and color standard procedures; inform Press Supervisor of any problems/variances
- Utilizes G7 color theory including gray balance, dot gain and ink trap to provide high quality process printing
- Accurately records time and materials for each job and is accountable for equipment maintenance
- Diagnoses problems, makes adjustments, troubleshoots and provides the required maintenance to equipment in a timely manner
- Inspect plates carefully and compare to proof prior to make ready
- Make a diligent effort to meet production standards for make ready, run time and wash up
- Utilize efficient make ready methods to achieve position/register and color
- Maintain all equipment per the manufacturers’ recommendation, working with the maintenance department to follow all PM (Product Maintenance) Scheduling Procedures
- Equipment Repairs: Any repairs needed on the press or its ancillary equipment should be immediately reported to the Plant Manager
- Keep all equipment and immediate work area clean
- Safety is essential and must ensure removal and prompt reporting of any safety hazards, i.e. liquid spills, trip hazards, etc.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift or carry up to as much as 50 pounds occasionally
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years offset (sheetfed) printing experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with 57" multi-color (7 unit) offset press equipment; KBA preferred
- Understands LAB values and makes the required ink adjustments to maintain branded match color compliance
- Experience with G7 color theory and UV technology preferred
- Possesses mechanical and troubleshooting skills