One of the world’s top manufacturers of construction materials has an immediate need for a Compensation Analyst to join their organization. The Compensation Analyst will assist in the administration, analysis, and design of employer compensation program and incentive pay programs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to determine appropriate compensation for job offers.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions, determine market price and Fair Labor Standard Act status ensuring compliance with State and Federal guidelines
- Assists with preparation and maintains job descriptions for each position in the organization; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Responsible for administration and distribution of monthly/quarterly/annual commission and incentive plans
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Advises management on applicable state and federal employment regulations, benefits and compensation policies, human resource procedures, and collective agreements.
- Support annual pay planning activities within established timelines.
- Provides analytical support and data analysis on projects and human resource metrics.
- Participates in compensation surveys.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and organize work effectively
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Thorough understanding of Federal, State and local rules, regulations and/or statutes pertaining to wages, compensation plans and Fair Labor Standards Act
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and ability to work with all levels in the organization
- Self-motivated with superior attention to detail
- Knowledge of HR principles and best practices in compensation
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required from an accredited college or equivalent experienced/combined education.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or World at Work CCP preferred.
- One to three years of experience as a compensation analyst required.