Growing company in Michigan has an outstanding opportunity available for an Injection Molding Supervisor. This position offers a competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits. Overseeing daily production on injection molding machines while ensuring overall productivity within the department. General supervision of colleagues including delegating of responsibilities, scheduling of parts to run and the issuing of job assignments.
- Scheduled jobs to be ready for production at the start of each shift.
- Responsible for the assignment of operators.
- Responsible to ensure proper job set-up.
- Ensure that first shot approval is obtained from Quality Inspectors.
- Ensure operator acknowledgement sheets are signed by operator and initialed by supervisor.
- Ensure all hourly checks of all jobs are being done.
- Quick and professional response to operator or quality personnel questions or concerns on part quality.
- Record all process changes, correction of a quality issue, on the job set-up sheet and obtain Quality Technician signature.
- Record pertinent shift events in supervisors log.
- Make sure equipment not schedule for upcoming shift is properly shut-down.
- Assist upcoming shift with job start-up and set-up.
- Make sure each operator receives required training.
- Work with quality personnel to determine disposition of rejected parts.
- Ensure rejected parts that need sorting are sorted at the time they are found on that shift.
- If required, responsible to go to our customers’ facilities to sort any suspect parts.
- Know and follow all IATF-16949 and ISO-14001 policies and procedures.
- Adherence to company policies and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have knowledge of a wide range of press sizes, injection molding processes, machines and tools. Must possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written along with the ability to lead and direct 30 or more subordinates. Five plus years of hands-on injection molding background in and automotive setting. High School diploma or GED required.