An “Industrial - Made to Order” Sales and Distribution Company is seeking a qualified candidate to administer the incoming side of our Supply Chain process. This person will interface with all facets of the import process, with an emphasis on communication and document transfer with our international and domestic suppliers, service providers and customs broker.
- Responsibilities include entering accurate shipment data in a web-based ERP system and producing reports within this system. Duties will include, but are not limited to, compliance with CBP regulatory requirements, including HTS code determination, and ensuring accurate entry summaries prior to submission to CBP by our Customs Broker.
- Ensure compliance with CBP regulatory requirements, including HTC determination and assignment, as well as documentation in various programs/files and with our Global Logistics agent(s).
- Compile and create documentation system for import compliance audit and assessment purposes.
- Support the sales department with timely HTC determination.
- Maintain HTS library by customer/part number for ease of future, repetitive requirements.
- Process customs clearance confirming all necessary data and documents are available.
- Investigate, resolve and communicate operational or entry issues.
- Review entry details and verify compliance.
- Enter and verify accuracy of detailed shipment information and supplier invoices.
- Enter, store and distribute quality documents for all products.
- Maintain and report on-time delivery status updates.
- Assist Sales staff with incoming status and ETAs via communication with international and domestic suppliers, service providers and delivering agencies.
- General administrative duties such as answering phones, ordering supplies, filing and year end transfer of records.
- Working knowledge of CBP Harmonized Tariff Schedule regulations and familiarity with the determination process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Adobe; a familiarity with web-based ERP systems will be helpful.
- Effective and clear communications skills; ability to communicate in a gracious and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organization skills are important and a pre-requisite for this position.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a warm, friendly personality which is necessary to communicate properly with customers, both over the phone and via email.
- Willingness to work within a small group of peers and enjoy accepting responsibility for responsibilities assigned without daily critical oversight.
- Ability to multi-task through various phases of several different projects at one time and see them through to conclusion.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multitask and prioritize.
- High school diploma is required, but an Associate or Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field will be given additional consideration.