Provide technical support and operating knowledge for our medical extrusion process. This position will lead the effort in developing extrusion processes for new and existing product lines. They will lead the process from development phase all the way through the production release. This engineering position is a hands-on role that will assist in running production extrusion and training operators on the process.
Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish technical specifications for extrusion on all products. A successful candidate will have expertise in Plastics and Polymers to provide technical support to the operations team. This includes equipment design and setup for new equipment, problem-solving, and process improvement execution.
This is a unique opportunity to work on a novel material and application that requires adaption of melt extrusion processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Analyze, research, design and develop an extrusion process for new and existing product lines.
· Hands-on work to run the extrusion lines during production and development activities.
· Gather and analyze data during the development cycle to build a repeatable extrusion process.
· Select and design equipment for the extrusion process.
· Develop and execute all validation activities related to the extrusion process.
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Plastics or Polymer Science, or a related Engineering discipline is required.
· Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
· Embody the guiding principles to each job qualification
· Process engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
· Medical device experience is preferred
· Ability to respond to changing priorities and to multi-task, in a dynamic environment
· Basic understanding of quality systems and design control.
· Working knowledge of a cleanroom environment and a willingness to work in a laboratory environment is required.
· Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to successfully complete a wide variety of complex job duties and responsibilities in a timely manner.
· Work in a team environment is required. Previous work in a start-up environment is a preferred.
· Hands-on work/understanding of extrusion theory and practice is required
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, hear and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· Mechanical skills, including the ability to manipulate common hand tools, are required.