A leading global manufacturer of high-performance elastomer components for the energy, semiconductor and industrial sectors has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer. You will be responsible for providing support to maintain and improve safety, quality, delivery and cost by assisting with engineering solutions, automation projects, new product rollout, capital expense projects, and leading continuous improvement efforts to reduce scrap.
- Respond to daily, monthly and annual metrics to analyze effectiveness and recommend improvements to machinery operations, tool designs, production methods and machine control.
- Identify and solve problems by collaborating with cross functional groups to investigate safety and quality issues, identifying the root cause and formulating corrective actions, including revising policies and procedures, increasing preventive maintenance, equipment re-design and/or changes to measurement systems.
- Lead the execution implementation of capital expense projects from quote to IQOQPQ with minimal guidance. Participate in annual budgeting process and execute emergency capital expense.
- Create documentation to facilitate implementation of automated processes, commercialized incremental and new product and new equipment during the transition to production with guidance. Collaborate with Engineering and Automation groups, and help lead automation projects.
- Lead initiatives to improve total preventative maintenance, ensuring critical equipment is understood and the risk of unplanned downtime is minimized or mitigated.
- Increase awareness of customer and industry technical requirements and basic business acumen regarding the business impact of technical decisions, working cross functionally with on-site groups, as well as company-wide engineering departments. (In-depth knowledge of the materials, equipment and new product development expected).
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Ensure compliance with safety and quality regulations of the industry. Be a role model in demonstrating compliance and exhibiting and rewarding behaviors that comply with SQDC metrics.
- Continue to develop professional skills in Continuous Improvement including Lean Practitioner and/or Lean Six Sigma Programs and value stream events. LSS Green Belt and or some level of Lean Practitioner training is desired in this role.
- BS Degree in Engineering and at least 3 years relevant engineering experience related to semiconductor, elastomer or energy/oil/gas related product production.
- Experienced in rubber processing (mixing, extrusion, molding, etc.) required.
- Working knowledge of Intermediate Lean Manufacturing tools and practical experience applying lean standards in a manufacturing environment required (Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred).
- Understanding and use of SPC and ability to analyze data.
Demonstrated experience leveraging Process Mapping, PFMEA, Process Design, DFM (Cpk, Ppk) and/or DMAIC tools in projects or on their own.