Our client, a well-established custom rubber mixer and designer, supplying high performance fluoroelastomer compounds, has an opening for a Technical Director responsible for compound design, customer interaction, quality assurance involvement, and management of lab personnel and equipment. This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, relocation and comprehensive benefits.
- Develop formulations in a timely, organized and effective manner that meets customer specifications.
- Lead investigations of internal mixing non-conformances.
- Provide processing trouble-shooting advice to customers and travel to customers as required to perform this function.
- Manage the technical aspects of contract review and design control
- Oversee the quality management system according to the ISO-9001 standard.
- Implement systems and processes to assure quality product meeting design parameters is delivered to customers.
- Provide the technical contribution to strategic decision-making.
- Assure the protection of intellectual property and critical data.
- Manage lab personnel, equipment and processes.
- BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. Advanced degree a plus.
- Experience and competent in fluoroelastomer formulating and mixing to a variety of specifications and customer processing/production variables.
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience in the rubber industry with a STRONG involvement with fluoroelastomer.
- Experience in quality assurance and quality systems management is required.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this opportunity.