Our client, a custom rubber products manufacturer supplying both small and large companies with molded parts (injection, compression and transfer molded) has an opening for a Process Engineer to troubleshoot existing processes, develop new molding processes, review new products and tooling, and coordinate tooling repair.
- Troubleshooting process problems on the manufacturing floor
- Process improvements to increase yield and improve cycle times
- New tooling review
- New process development for injection, compression and transfer molding
- New product review
- Fixture design and procurement
- Coordination of tooling repair/refurbishment
- Coaching/training of production personnel in best practices
- Process documentation
- B.S. Degree Engineering, Chemistry, or similar technical field.
- Minimum of 5 years rubber process experience
- Thorough understanding of molding methods (compression, transfer, injection, over molding)
- Knowledge of rubber to metal bonding techniques and troubleshooting
- Solid modeling experience preferred – ideally SolidWorks
- Well organized, decisive decision maker with job shop background
- Likes working in a fast-paced environment
- Reactive, conscientious and customer focused
- Must collaborate and have the skills to take a part from quote, through prototype and production, including documentation.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this opportunity.