Oversee a three-shift molding department to ensure production schedules are met and processes are running at expected productivity levels, including responsibility for facility maintenance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and overseeing all molding, hard coating, and metalizing operations to insure proper operations, safety, and quality of molded parts.
- Monitor performance of all shifts of molding production
- Insure daily schedule, production, and quality goals are met.
- Ability to trouble shoot problems as needed and provide technical leadership to your department.
- Follow-up on mold set-ups and changeovers to ensure compliance with planning and scheduling
- Develop and recommend corrective action steps to resolve tooling and equipment problems
- Ensure production follows appropriate workflow and assembly methods.
- Resolve employee relationship issues, evaluate conflicts and determine disciplinary actions.
- Improve efficiency of production by migrating employees and equipment to maximize utilization.
- Propose methods/improvements to lower costs and improve productivity
- Aid and direct in development of molding processes to maximize the production rate while meeting quality conformance standards
- Work with Maintenance to ensure molding equipment is maintained in good condition to minimize downtime. Recommend replacements and upgrades
- Practice good housekeeping and appropriate measures to prevent pollution and other negative impacts on the environment
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in injection molding
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in role as Manager in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree is desirable but will consider non-degreed with equivalent
- Scientific Injection Molding Experience, RJG,Inc MM-1 Certified preferred
- Working knowledge of injection molding machines and maintenance
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Power Point