Major company in the Lexington, KY area has an excellent opportunity available for a
Sr. Supply Chain Manager. Responsible for managing customer service, production planning, materials planning, inventory control, logistics, and warehousing functions, including the manufacturing facility and the off-site warehouse. Utilizes ERP and planning systems to maintain control and accuracy of all goods inventories, procurement, planning, scheduling, and deliveries. Key member of plant management team; promoting a culture of safety, efficient production, high quality and superior customer service.
- Assures all plant safety and accident prevention policies are adhered to, including maintaining cleanliness in the warehouse area, maintaining a safe work environment and safe work practices, accident investigation when necessary, and ensuring any outside contractors adhere to policies and procedures.
- Communicates with customers regarding requirements, orders, complaints and concerns; and escalates complaints to the appropriate management when necessary.
- Oversees the plant production schedule, ensuring customer requirements are met and alignment with capacity plans and inventory targets.
- Manages logistics including carrier partnership activities and incident notifications.
- Directs warehouse activities, including best practices for warehouse optimization and utilization.
- Manages raw material consumption, develops plans to maintain production needs, identifies and addresses any issues to ensure on-time delivery.
- Establishes and implements best practices related to production scheduling, inventory management, warehouse management and material control.
- Coordinates expediting and lead-time reduction activities to achieve customer expectations and support industry best-in-class production lead times.
- Communicates potential product shortfalls to Corporate Supply Chain team and assists in resolving shortages to meet customer demands.
- Works closely with the Corporate Supply Chain team to optimized capacity and inventory plans
- Orders raw materials including resin, preforms, pallets, tier sheets, and top frames ensuring adherence to procurement contracts
- May purchase other materials and services from outside contractors, such as forklift maintenance
- Manages periodic physical inventory of raw materials and finished goods, and performs reconciliation of inventory to ERP system.
- Accountable for raw and finish goods material variances.
- Responsible for completing customer MTP audits assigned to facility in a timely manner.
- Responsible for DIFOTIS results.
- Generates inventory and production reports, measures performance daily and weekly through analysis reports, and recommends changes to improve and optimize throughput.
- Manages team of direct reports and is responsible for employee selection, development, mentoring, and performance management.
- Responsible for overall talent management and employee engagement; cultivates an environment of safety, high performance, and ethical and legal compliance; addresses employee relations issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or equivalent in a related field.
- Five years in materials or operations in a manufacturing environment, preferably in plastic injection, blow molding or packaging.
- Functional certification, such as APICS, CSCMP or comparable, is preferred.
- Proficient SAP and Microsoft Office experience.
- Knowledge and previous use of technology tools that enable production scheduling and reporting.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing quality customer service.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving materials by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Travel 10%