Exciting opportunity available for a Manufacturing Engineer! You will be responsible for support in the manufacturing of product; oversees the production samplings, implements new equipment, identifies and implements cost reductions. Oversees the production document system including QIP’s, work instructions, process sheets, change logs, etc., responsible for the development and deployment of set-up training. Establishes process standards for all jobs; responsible for the continual improvement of methods and equipment used in the manufacture of product.
Duties: (additional responsibilities may be added as required)
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Monitor molding process throughout production run.
- Oversee the production document system.
- Provide support for production problems to operations
- Oversee engineering samplings as required, plan, organize, implement, assess and report.
- Identify, justify and deploy Capitol equipment.
- Develop and deploy training for set-up’s techs for compliance with company procedures.
- Coordinate tooling needs with the mold shop.
- Enhance profitability and improve quality through changes to equipment, tools and processes.
- Minimum of High School diploma; preference of a BS in Composites, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering – higher education a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in Plastics and Injection Molding.
- Possess or show the ability to acquire significant and demonstrable injection molding skills and knowledge, leadership skills, the ability to work well with others.
- The ability to troubleshoot production processes and recognize opportunities for improvement with the desire to improve operations.
- Computer use and programming skills as well as the ability to implement new software as needed.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.