Our client, a leading manufacturer of silicone mechanical sealing products, EMI shielding and thermal interface materials, has an opening for an Elastomer Engineer/Chemist to document, test, develop, and assign company formulations and compounds in accordance with company and customer requirements.
- Establish, document, control and distribute material formulations
- Designate the formulation necessary to meet the customer and/or specification requirements.
- Perform necessary compliance testing to ensure final products meet the customer and/or specification requirements.
- Manage and maintain all lab certifications and approvals.
- Utilize lab equipment to perform tests to perform physical tests on compounds (tensile, durometer, compression set, etc.)
- Improve processes and formulations as part of the Quality Management System.
- Interface with Purchasing to maintain necessary inventory of raw materials to meet volume demands of our customers.
- Implement established processes, procedures, and work instructions as established within the company Quality Management System.
- Prepare material testing on samples in support of production, product development, material characterization and corrective action control.
- Candidates must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this opportunity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- 3-5 years’ experience in silicone/rubber industry
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of proper use of measuring tools/gauges
- Understanding of technical drawings and specifications
- Excellent communication and math skills