Our client, a leading manufacturer of industrial rubber goods; including molded rubber gaskets, seals, rubber-to-metal parts, as well as materials expertise, product development and in-house tool design has an opening for a Key Account Manager to manage and expand key customer accounts and to assist the engineering department.
- Handles all facets of key customer accounts through customer calls and visits.
- Grows key customer accounts (e.g., new programs, products).
- Ensures customer specific requirements, including but not limited to selection of special characteristics, corrective actions, process design and development, use of customer scorecards and portals as agreed upon are met.
- Works with engineering regarding program management for his/her key customers to determine best method of production and generating quotes.
- Assists CSR or Outside Sales Representative in expediting orders, quotes, customer concerns, and in collection of overdue invoices when necessary.
- Assists in resolving customer concerns and/or corrective actions as necessary for assigned customers.
- Negotiate prices within dictated range, air shipments; implements price increases as requested by Global Sales Manager.
- Reviews annual contracts and makes proposal on pricing strategies, based on profitability and customer relationships.
- Recommends delivery strategies based on insert lead-time constraints. Proposes minimum insert buys based on coverage from customers.
- Reviews and signs quotes, for his/her accounts, when Global Sales Manager is unavailable.
- Understands and complies with relevant management system requirements as called out on the departmental training plan.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four to five years sales experience in the rubber industry is required.
- Must reside in Northeast Ohio area
- Open to 50% territory travel
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this opportunity.