Our client, aleading manufacturer of high-quality, system-critical, elastomer components for global markets has an opening for a Sales Engineer to provide technical and commercial support for customers in the automotive sector.
Strategic and Operational
- Technical and commercial support for existing and new customers as part of the product strategy with regular customer presence.
- Cooperation with the customer's product development team in an advisory capacity (technical contact person).
- Management or participation in negotiations with customers and customer-related contracts.
- Internal communication of customer technical and commercial requirements as well as creation and monitoring of corresponding actions.
- Budgeting and monitoring of assigned products.
- Development of the customer-related strategy for the assigned customer portfolio, as well as assistance in the overarching business unit strategy.
- Assistance in carrying out market analyses, identifying market trends and observing the development of the competition.
- Regular reporting of essential commercial or technical information / innovations from the market to the organization.
- Help acquire new business in cooperation with the Key Account Manager, including both new business with existing customers and opportunities outside the current portfolio.
- Assessment and support of new and existing customers and projects
- Contacting new customers as part of the Automotive Business Unit marketing mix and the defined strategy.
- Performing the commercial order review and coordinating the technical contract review.
- Provision of data for the offer process (material, drawing, standards, specifications and specific requirements).
- Clarify technical customer requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of offers with the offer team.
- Qualified follow-up of the offers and feedback to Sales leadership
Product Development Process
- Technical advice in the customer's product development process.
- Technical and commercial contract review.
- Forwarding of all project-relevant information and documents (including correct archiving) for prototype, pre-series and series to the appropriate internal departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in the automotive market – ability to hit the ground running
- Knowledge of the production and application of elastomer components
- Proficient in SolidWorks and related engineering programs
- Good analytical, technical and financial skills.
- Communicative, customer-oriented, self-directed/motivated and comfortable working in home office as well as office environments
- Must reside in greater Detroit area or NW Ohio
- Willingness to travel for customer visits and conferences; in field 2-4 days per week (customer visits, MI and surrounding states)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder to be considered for this opportunity