A leading manufacturer of custom rubber and plastic products for the automotive, truck, marine, appliance and industrial markets, has an opening for an experienced Sr. Development Chemist. The Sr. Development Chemist is responsible for rubber compound development, product analysis, process improvement and quality issue resolution.
- Direct the development and analysis of formulations.
- Evaluate and correct vendor formulations. Communicate with vendors regarding necessary compound changes on a daily basis.
- Locate globally materials comparable to domestic materials to meet customer specifications.
- Direct the work in the mixing and analytical sections of the department.
- Train and build trust with global technology groups at our vendors.
- Assist the Sales Department to increase sales, resolve issues, review prints and verify compound capability to meet specifications. Troubleshoot areas of non-compliance.
- Implement and maintain a project priority schedule board for updating the sales force.
- Direct or delegate the analysis of PPAP, first article, and inventory audits to verify compliance to formulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science.
- 5 to 10 years related experience
- Technical knowledge of rubber compounding & mixing.
- Ability to negotiate specifications with the customers.
- Ability to write and understand specifications.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Effective use of laboratory mixing and testing equipment.
- Effective use of FTIR, DSC & TGA analytical laboratory equipment
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this opportunity.