The Plant Manager directs and manages the overall plant activities for production,
maintenance, quality, and all other related activities. Responsible for establishing and delivering objectives for the plant including: safety, quality, cost, production standards, employee engagement and service/delivery. Drive achieving plant and corporate goals and objectives by directing GMP/AIB/GFSI/QMS (Quality Management Systems) and by following procedures, work instructions and ensuring accurate documentation. Ensure all support activities are delivered at required levels including: inventory management, scheduling, maintenance, shipping, facilities, engineering, human resources and customer relations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures plant is operating safely and all safety precautions are being taken by employees.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Coach and develop plant management, production and administrative teams.
- Ensures appropriate staffing in the plant at all times.
- Leads and models appropriate leadership behaviors to enhance plant culture, employee engagement and retention.
- Ensures plant machinery is appropriate and plans for future improvements and requirements.
- Increase production and asset utilization/flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs.
- Prepare, plan, implement and achieve annual operating and capital budgets.
- Evaluates production systems and recommends improvements as necessary.
- Collaborates with technical group to efficiently start-up production of samples and new products.
- Prepares and submits operating reports to management to inform them of current production status and to make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Leads Continuous Improvement through Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma across the facility.
- Supports production alignment across plants to improve overall company results.
- Assures compliance of all plant activities with company policy and Federal, State and local regulations.
- Reviews and approves performance reviews and manages salary and wage changes.
- Serves as the Leader of the management team.
Ten plus years of successful production/plant management experience.
Five plus years of experience with plastics preferred.
Experience in either extrusion, polymers, converting, flexible packaging, blow molding, polyethylene, polypropylene, HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE, thermoforming or blown film preferred.
Strong planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills.
Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities.
Excellent leadership skills including communication and coaching/development capabilities.
Focused on results and continuous improvement.