Our client a diversified valve manufacturer of water & waste water valves has an immediate need for a Quality Manager to join their leadership team! The Quality Manager is responsible for overall development, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s combined Quality Management System (QMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the organization’s Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Ensure evaluation of and reporting on vendor quality systems.
- Oversee inspection (examination) of incoming materials, ensuring that they meet requirements.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization’s products.
- Lead a team of quality inspectors, auditors, and technicians
- Work with customers, employees, contractors, and outsourcing firms to develop product requirements.
- Report to President on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement.
- Conduct periodic management review meetings.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
- Keep up on standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to product (service) quality.
- Strong knowledge of calibration and ability to read blue prints
- Proficiency with precision measuring tools
- Responsible for the Customer Return process, to inspect and report findings for Customer Credit and Satisfaction. Monitor and report on trends to promote product Improvements.
- Must be a motivated, well organized and goal-oriented individual with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Must have proven ability to lead a diverse team of technicians and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential to reach a resolution, anticipate, and react effectively to customer challenges.
- Must possess strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Quality, and 10 years of experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Manager or relevant role.
- Current CQA or similar certification is required as is ISO 9001 &/or 14001 Auditor, Lead Auditor or related proficiencies in an ISO 9000, QS 9000 or ISO 14001 environment.
- Calibration experience and hands-on use of manual and automatic inspection devices.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all internal organization departments, suppliers, and regulatory authorities.
- Strong knowledge of mathematics, data analysis, and statistical methods.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Office products including, but not limited to Word, Outlook and Excel needed.
- Project Management experience is a plus.