Well established and growing company has an excellent opportunity available for a Tooling Manager.
- Manage all tool builds and engineering changes post design.
- Manage direct labor for Tool Room and sampling for new molds.
- Conducts weekly mold development meeting to support new product introductions.
- Oversee processing on new mold build samples until production.
- Direct purchasing of supplies for new mold builds.
- Schedule and monitor mold builds to ensure on-time delivery dates.
- Oversees the tool build and process approach for machining to ensure it is completed correctly.
- Manages the process of sourcing component work, texture, and mold base machining.
- Completes tooling adjustments for both new mold and production repairs.
- Continuously strives to improve quality of service to all customers internally and externally by recognizing opportunities for improvement and the elimination of waste from the process.
- Manages Process Engineering department on sampling of new tooling.
- Ensures tooling design and build approach utilizes the most effective and efficient methods.
- Ensures a safe manufacturing environment and that Tooling employees are operating equipment safely.
- Ensures customers’ mold is checked into ERP system and identified per Engineering number.
- Ensures Tooling department equipment is maintained and updated as necessary.
- Participates in design reviews with mold designers/PM’s and Mold Makers as necessary.
- Oversee the general mold fabrication of all processes during mold builds.
- Assign mold builds to specific mold builders to meet their capabilities to the complexity of the design.
- Review and approval of all components to order for mold builds.
- Schedule the Tool-Shop personnel labor per workload requirements.
- Work with existing and new vendors to develop better processes to improve performance and reduce the cost of the company’s tooling.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, performance and evaluation of all tool shop employees.
- Responsible for the supervisory activities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include meeting company goals and metrics, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- A 4yr degree in related field or combination of education and experience.
- Plastic injection molding experience is a must.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Tool Room environment.
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience, preferably managing a tool shop.
- Knowledge of production scheduling and related shop operations, tooling design, including CAD/CAM.
- Manage highly complex projects with deadlines.
- Strong leadership and coaching/training skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated decision-making capability.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with all departments within the Company.
- Knowledgeable of all equipment in the Tool shop
- Use creativity and imagination to drive change and capable of communicating and creating new and innovative ideas/concepts to department and customers.
- Must be able to multi-task, adapt easily to change, be highly organized and self-motivated.
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to lead problem solving teams or solves problems independently.
- Proficient with Windows-based PC skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- Excellent verbal, written and effective computer literacy communication skills.
- Ability to travel +/- 10% to customers and vendors.
- Able to carry at least 30lbs unassisted; must be able to sit and type for long periods; bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling on occasion.
- Occasional climbing steps, walking and standing on uneven terrain.
Job Reference Number: 5-5E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.