Tooling Engineer, Supervisor
This position will be responsible for directing the daily operations of the tooling operation and will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and direction of the organization.
- Direct reports: CNC, CAM, Tool Makers, Polisher.
- Ability to perform all Tool Maker duties as necessary.
- Manage the tooling operation to enable a smooth and profitable workflow in the shop and make recommendations to the sales team and management on outsourcing.
- Track and control shop costs through utilization and constant improvements of the job costing system.
- To provide supervision to direct reports daily and participate actively in personnel matters, which include discipline, hiring and termination.
- To support and implement prescribed employee programs. Prepares and administers performance evaluations of team members.
- Develop and implement Lean Manufacturing techniques to continuously improve production while controlling costs and increasing efficiency.
- Support company quality policy and procedures within subordinates and through personal action.
- Guide and assist in solving manufacturing problems on all “jobs”. Proactively prescribe process/procedure changes to improve shop flow and profitability on an on-going basis.
- Manage plant maintenance, capital equipment upgrade, and the introduction of modern technology.
- Work with General Manager to develop and implement capital and operations budgets, labor planning, training, and capacity planning projects.
- Promote and support the Strategic Planning Team.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned by Lead.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Valid identification and the ability to work legally in the United States.
- Two years technical or trade school with an emphasis on tool making.
- Ten years mold making in a tool shop environment with extensive experience in precision surface grinding and form grinding; five years of experience working with CNC Milling, EDM, and Wire Processes.
- Must have injection molding experience.
- Technical mathematical skills such as: geometry, trigonometry, mechanical drafting.
- The ability to multi-task, run several projects at the same time without losing the ability to complete them on time and within customer specifications.
- Communicate with other departments, direct report, customers in a professional and respectful manner.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft).
- To build plastic injection molds safely within customers specifications in an efficient manner.
- Knows the complete function of the EDM process and understands electrodes.
- Proficient knowledge of all processes within the shop.
- Proficient understanding of blueprint reading.
- To use precision measuring tool commonly used in the mold building trade.
- Walking and stair climbing required in office/shop area.
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs. and move heavier objects in a safe manner using proper equipment.
- Must have dexterity with hands and fine motor manipulation.
Job Reference Number: 4-29E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.