As the Tooling Engineer you will be responsible for managing all tasks associated with tooling from initial kick-off through dimensional maturation and validation. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Provide tool vendors with tooling maturation plans through the use of the TCF.
- Advanced feasibility reviews for new components as necessary.
- Lead tool design reviews with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ensure that all parties within the company have approved a tool design prior to issuing instruction to supplier to cut steel.
- Provide automation team with direction on any items needed (EOAT included).
- Approve final automation direction.
- Review/approve layout plan provided by metrology.
- Provide metrology lab with direction/samples.
- Ensure all print items are tuned within specification.
- Participate in internal technical reviews with Program Managers as necessary.
- Advisement on mold repairs as needed.
- Enforce Tool Design Standards and provide input on improvements necessary.
- Stay current with latest technology trends in the mold building industry.
- Develop and manage internal tooling maturation schedule (communicated to Program Manager).
- Three plus years in plastics/tooling related field; automotive experience preferred.
- Blueprint reading and understanding of component drawings/CAD files.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of basic office machines.
- Basic CAD operation.
Job Reference Number: 11-8AG-KY
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.