Purchasing / Supply Chain
The Supply Chain Manager is a continuously evolving role to suit the growing needs of business. The successful candidate is expected to identify/evaluate bottlenecks and opportunities in supply chain related processes, procedures and/or systems and make recommendations for improvements, as well as ensure their implementation.
- Assess current orders and forecast future demand to plan for raw material and MRO purchases.
- Oversee production planning for all manufacturing lines across the three plants.
- Develop robust MRP, capacity planning and engage in S&OP activities.
- Managed production control processes such as item code, shop order, shop packet administration.
- Collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, finance, and other relevant stakeholders with regards to BOM, routing, machine selection/utilization and supplier selection.
- Provide timely updates on overall plan vs. actual performance of production control.
Inventory & Warehouse Management
- Manage all inventory related functions for the three manufacturing and warehouse locations by working with warehouse managers/personnel.
- Establish, maintain, and report the inventory status of raw materials, WIP and finished goods.
- Engage with Production Managers and Sales to forecast stocking requirements.
- Manage inventory management policies including: EOQ, Safety Stock, ABC Analysis and JIT.
- Manage the warehouse locations for resin, WIP and finished goods at all production sites.
- Assess and establish procedures for transferring resin/finished goods from sites to warehouses.
- Provide timely status updates on inventory and warehouse operations.
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions with vendors that meet our business needs.
- Lead supplier selection and manage relationships with suppliers to control costs and lead times.
- Leverage technology, analytics, and tools to collect and analyze data such as resin consumption, and supplier spend to drive efficiencies and savings.
- Report on the company’s monthly projected raw material relates expenses.
- Create and Track KPIs and report on supply chain’s performance.
- Develop and build staff capabilities consistent with the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Analyze current procedures; recommend improvements to increase efficiency and profitability.
- Contribute to the development and 2024-25 implementation of a new ERP system.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office application and ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, Rootstock.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and administrative staff.
- Have a good understanding of and exposure to manufacturing processes, stage-gated process development, quality systems standards such as: ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and AS9100.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as SOPs, TDS, COA, Change Management Documents and Safety Related Documentation.
- Follow and comply with all OSHA and company safety procedures.
- BS in Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering.
- Seven to ten years of experience leading supply chain management in a manufacturing setting.
- CPIM preferred.
- Experience in the plastics industry is highly preferred.
- Experience in polymers, polyethylene, polypropylene, blow molding, injection molding, extrusion, HDPE, LLDPE, LDPE, PVC, polyethylene, thermoplastics or polyolefins would be a plus.
Job Reference Number: 8-23E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.