Sr. Manufacturing Process Engineer
Multi-billion-dollar company has an excellent opportunity available for a Sr. Manufacturing Process Engineer. The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated, innovative, creative, and experienced Engineer with proven skills and prior experience working in the rubber industry. In this key position, you will be a member of the site’s continuous improvement manufacturing engineering team which impacts the total business. You will be responsible for the management of process development and industrialization for products and processes. Experienced in process development and control, product development and implementation, program management, lean practices, tool, and machinery design and build. Excellent Benefits! Health & Dental Insurance, Vision Care, HSA, Flexible Spending Accounts, Free Life & Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Parental & Family Leave, Employee Assistance Program, 401(k) Plan, Opportunity to purchase Stock at a discount and receive Free Shares, Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development Assistance, Employee Referral Program, Employee Discount Programs, Recognition Programs, Credit Union, Variety of Schedules Available w/Flexibility.
- Process development and industrialization of products.
- Tooling Management: maintenance/reparation/improvement.
- Process Improvement: variance tracking, waste elimination, poka-yoke, and scrap reduction, manufacturing excellence and process improvement using a process control discipline to reduce process variation (process maps, lean tools, short loop, 6M sources of variation, Fishbone, and improvement-focusing tools).
- Collaborate and support manufacturing process improvements within the area of responsibility.
- Assist with leading weekly improvement meetings focused on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Troubleshoot production issues escalated from supervision.
- Implement temporary and permanent countermeasures to address the root cause.
- Design and manufacture internally unique improvement solutions (i.e., jigs, fixtures, tools, etc.).
- Track improvement savings within the area of responsibility on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Develop A3 justifications for small capital improvement projects.
- Develop and execute all required process change documentation to include safety, quality and production for implemented projects.
- Collaborate with design, engineering, drafting, and materials to make process improvements.
- Participate as an active member in safety and quality problem-solving teams.
- Participate in Kaizen teams and other Lean initiatives to improve business metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) from a four-year college or university; plus five years of production or manufacturing/process engineering experience preferably in the rubber industry.
- Experience in adhesives and application of the adhesives to metals used in rubber to communicate at all levels.
- Knowledge of rubber processing, rubber to metal molding engineering experience is desired, tooling design, lean manufacturing, equipment design, and assembly engineering.
- Experience working in an ISO/IATF/AS environment.
- SPC expert.
- This position requires an action-oriented individual with exceptional communication skills.
- Experience with elastomers, TPE, plastics injection molding would be a plus.
Job Reference Number: 10-16E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.