Our client a major manufacturer of durable consumer goods for the construction market has an opportunity available for a Sr. Financial Accountant. This is an on-site opportunity and you must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder. This individual will
participate in the financial reporting processes through the consolidation, review and analysis of the financial performance of the company.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Physical setting: Office
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8-hour shift
Work Location: One location
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines appropriate journal entries and ensures proper account reconciliations are prepared to support general ledger account balances.
- Supports the annual financial audit and any financial institution audits.
- Supports the maintenance of the general ledger.
- Consolidate and review financial results.
- Analyze financial data to evaluate performance of the company, its line of business and products.
- Maintain statutory financial compliance.
- Participate in the development and documentation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Monitor regulatory and industry developments and trends.
- Research and resolve regulatory issues.
- Participate in documentation and testing of internal controls.
- Three years minimum of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business required. CPA designation preferred.
- Excellent organizational, technical and analytical skills, the ability to work with detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles generally accepted in the United States.
- Ability to work independently.
- Skills required to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to interpret and apply advanced mathematical concepts.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word; a working knowledge of ERP systems is desirable.
- Ability to perform multiple functions simultaneously and prioritize those functions to meet the needs of internal/external customers.
- Timely and accurately performed work
Job Reference Number: 11-22.2MS
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.