Our client a major manufacturer of durable consumer goods for the construction market has an opportunity available for a Sr. Design Engineer. This is an on-site opportunity and you must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
As a Design Engineer, this is your unique opportunity to set your mark in the building materials industry. You will have the opportunity to see your innovations come to life in some of the most exclusive custom homes in North America. This position is responsible for the engineering design, development, and implementation of new products. Using a variety of development techniques including agile, design thinking, and minimum viable product (MVP), you will work with a degree of autonomy and will be capable of leading sub-tasks and will collaborate with key stakeholders. In a highly collaborative environment, you will learn from success and failures and actively share your ideas, experience, and support with other team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with a project team, responsible for design and development per the project scope.
- Create and execute design solutions, using engineering fundamentals and logic backed up by practical technical problem solving
- Ownership of delivery of assigned work packages to a high quality and on time
- Participation in project reviews, communicating effectively to convey information and express opinions
- Utilize material testing, specifications preparation, and research investigations on product, parts, and components that meet engineering standards.
- Perform research to solve specific design problems.
- Develop 2D and 3D engineering drawings and specifications based on calculations.
- Compilation and entry of supporting data such as: product BOMs, design record files, engineering changes etc.
- Help coordinate and troubleshoot with co-workers and supervisors on engineering design problems.
- Research of relevant technical developments from various sources including technical literature, suppliers, standards authorities, IP & Patents etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Multi-disciplinary teamwork. Strong team player, able to work on their own initiative
- Strong communication skills and creative thinking to help solve complex customer requests
- Knowledge and skills in applying engineering principles, methods, and practices as used in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Design or related technical field.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience with drafting/design principles.
- Must be proficient with Windows productivity tools such as MS Excel, Word, etc.
- Working knowledge in product commercialization processes required.
- CAD drafting skills are essential.
- Must have a high degree of proficiency using 3-D design software (SolidWorks preferred).
- Must be able to work and effectively communicate with project teams, interoffice departments and with co-workers.
Job Reference Number: 11-22.1MS
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.