Very large and growing company has an excellent opportunity available for a Sr. Accountant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position operates with a minimum of direct supervision and requires a self-starter who works well individually and in a team environment.
- Responsible for month end close, journal entries, and trial balance reviews.
- Responsible for all monthly/quarterly account reconciliations.
- Responsible for plant month end reports including variance analysis with detailed variance explanations.
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the monthly forecast.
- Assist with the implementation of any new IT systems to ensure the accuracy of the financial statements generated by the business.
- Assist in maintaining internal control and SOX compliance.
- Design and prepare ad hoc reports as requested by the Division Controller, Account Manager or other Managers.
- Responsible for the development of the annual budget including the loading into the ERP system.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Responsible for daily routine accounting functions (invoice GL coding, ensuring DOA is being followed for all transactions, etc.).
- Other projects and duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Accounting Manager.
- Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- Any additional responsibilities or tasks assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Three years of experience in accounting related fields.
- CPA and MBA are an added benefit but not required.
- ERP experience.
- Strong financial analysis and cost accounting experience is preferred.
- The individual must have a high degree of competency with spreadsheet programs including Excel.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
Job Reference Number: 8-23E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.