Our client a premier provider of custom rubber, urethane, and plastic parts has an excellent opportunity available for a Rubber Chemist to join their organization. As a Rubber Formulation Chemist, you will be responsible for developing and optimizing rubber compounds for various applications, ensuring the highest quality and performance standards are met. You will collaborate closely with the development team to create innovative rubber formulations that meet customer requirements and industry standards. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder. This is an on-site opportunity.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develop and optimize rubber compound formulations for a variety of high reliability applications where the consequences of product failure are significant.
- Conduct research and development activities to improve existing rubber formulations and develop new ones.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand customer requirements and translate them into rubber formulation specifications.
- Conduct lab-scale experiments and tests to evaluate the performance and physical properties of rubber compounds.
- Analyze and interpret test data and adjustment formulations or processes to optimize performance and cost.
- Stay updated with industry trends, advancements, and regulatory requirements related to rubber formulation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve formulation-related issues in collaboration with the production and quality assurance teams.
- Maintain accurate records of experiments, test results, and formulations.
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment.
- Assist with customer visits to follow trials and trouble shoot their process.
- Interface with customers to drive compound recipes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, or a related field. A Master’s degree or Ph.D. is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a Rubber Formulation Chemist or in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of rubber materials, polymer chemistry, and compounding techniques.
- Strong understanding of rubber formulation principles, including compounding ingredients, fillers, curing systems, and processing methods.
- Proficient in using laboratory equipment and analytical techniques to evaluate rubber properties, such as rheology, tensile strength, abrasion resistance, and aging characteristics.
Job Reference Number: 10-6MS
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.