Currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join our manufacturing team in Kansas. You must be a US Citizen/Green Card holder. Under the general direction of the Manager of Engineering, the Project Engineer will have mechanical design responsibility of piping and pressure vessels on assigned projects. Will work closely with the Project Manager and will be responsible for the coordination and resolution of project specific technical matters. Performs design calculations for all products in accordance with the appropriate codes and standards such as ASME B31.3, ASME B31.4, ASME B31.8, CSA Z662 and ASME BPV Section VIII.
- Provide technical support for sales during the inquiry process.
- Review customer specifications and project documents for incorporation into drawing notes, bill of materials, and purchase specifications.
- Interface with customer to ensure technical requirements are met.
- Develop the bill of materials.
- Produce mechanical and structural calculations in accordance with the appropriate codes and standards such as ASME B31.3, ASME B31.4, ASME B31.8, CSA Z662 and ASME BPV Section VIII.
- Generate drawings, specifications, and instructions necessary to convey project requirements to others.
- Review calculations, bill of materials, drawings, and other technical documents prepared by others.
- Transmit all technical documents to the customer including but not limited to: drawings, calculations, quality plans, weld procedures, etc.
- Respond to shop and field questions and/or non-conformances.
- Learn and remain current with all code rules and requirements.
- Assist with updating of the in-house programs.
- Be involved in the development and revision of engineering standards.
- Participate in general process improvements and initiatives.
- Obtain Canadian registration numbers as required.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field required
- Three (3) or more years of design engineering experience in a related piping or pressure vessel manufacturing setting strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer design capabilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities
- Ability to concentrate in a diverse work setting
- Effective troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Good working knowledge of computer programs including AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products
- Good understanding of the basic fundamentals of mechanical and structural design
- Valid driver’s License and proof of insurability
Job Reference Number: 1-23MS
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.