Large and growing global company has an excellent opportunity available for a Process Engineer with experience in plastics compounding, thermoplastics, polymers, nylon, and twin-screw extrusion.
Develop and Implement Process Improvement Programs
- Follow-up on scientific and technological developments and market evolutions within the own domain of expertise.
- Interact with maintenance and plant engineering on a detailed level regarding feeder design, calibration, and maintenance, screw design (both feeder and extruder screws) down stream equipment performance (palletizers and pack-out equipment).
- Continuously research innovative approaches and solutions, and develop proposals for process improvement programs.
- Execute on demand of his/her manager specific studies about plant performance, production capacity utilization, and the effectiveness of process improvement projects.
- Contribute to the development of proposals and projects.
- Coordinate and follow-up plant process improvement projects.
Implement New Products in the Industrial Process
- Test the production of new products in a pilot plant or (directly) in the industrial plant.
- Perform test-production in an industrial plant in order to evaluate the quality of the product, the capacity, the cost, the impact on the performance of the plant.
- Analyze and define the modifications to the production process needed to produce the new product.
- Develop and implement MOC process regarding new materials and processes to confirm all production personnel are properly trained to run new production material and processes.
Provide Process Technology Information, Support & Advice to the Organization
- Propose solutions for internal and external customer demands and complaints.
- Assist the manager in his support activities towards the business and to product development departments.
- Compile all kinds of documents and data including technical, technological or process information and prepare process book and reports, under supervision of the manager.
Manage Process Engineering Department (1-3) Employees
- Execute delegated assignments focusing on the optimization of the department’s organization and performance (e.g., cost). Inform colleagues about and/or train them in new methods, procedures and techniques specific to the own domain of expertise.
- Support and advise staff in the resolution of complex problems.
Education: University degree in Science (Chemistry) and/or Technology (Process Technology) or equivalent by experience.
- Minimum of ten years of hands-on line and manufacturing experience; process engineering in thermoplastic PA6 and PA66 compounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Open minded and sharing personality is a must – Required to share knowledge wherever possible to improve the skills set of the current workforce.
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated to get things done.
- Must take pride in seeing others succeed and learn.
Job Reference Number: 12-8E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.