Our client a vertically integrated manufacturer of metal-based building products has an opportunity available for a Process Engineer to join their manufacturing team.
Must be US citizen or Green Card holder. This is an ON-SITE opportunity.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive and manage safety throughout the plant.
- Ensure engineering standards are achieved.
- Act as a process expert and catalyst for continuous improvement.
- Propose, sponsor and lead projects that will improve product performance, reduce costs, improve yields, or reduce cycle time using Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Help develop teams to 1) get results, 2) exhibit teamwork, 3) demonstrate self-sufficiency, 4) communicate effectively.
- Ensures that team members have all resources and information necessary for self-sufficiency.
- Uses statistical analysis methods to effectively analyze process concerns and performance gaps.
- Ensures that control plans are being utilized effectively to create process stability and control.
- Monitors process performance to ensure that stated objectives are being met in terms of safety, first pass quality and productivity.
- Provides leadership and support in TPM activities such as: collection of data through PMs, participating in maintenance planning, and continuously improving the maintenance planning and execution process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Materials, or Industrial Engineering degrees preferred.
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills, including multi-tasking and time-management.
- Ability to interface with the organization, customers, and suppliers acting as a coach and trainer.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams while driving continual improvement in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Ability to create or revise process documents such as Control Plans, FMEA’s, JSA’s and Standard Work job instructions.
- Proficient in MS Office products. Experience with Minitab beneficial, but not required.
- Familiar with TPM principals; maintenance experience a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to zero incident safety culture, teammate engagement, active teamwork, continuous improvement while practicing target behaviors.
- Ability to travel as required.
Job Reference Number: 8-28MS
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.