Process Engineer, Paper Pulp
This is a position that requires open minded problem solving on one end and the control of a disciplined operational environment on the other. The Process Engineer is the company’s leader in this department and an integral player in the company’s growth.
- Lead the mill’s process design and provide direction and coordination to other disciplines as the process lead. Work toward process stability with full potential in each process unit such as material feeding, pulping systems, water flows, etc.
- Develop engineering reports, studies, calculations, PFD’s, P&ID’s, GA’s, equipment specifications/data sheets, and review/approval of vendor submittals.
- Responsible for all chemical systems in the pulp mill and ensure operational integrity through required maintenance.
- Manage projects within budget and schedule constraints by interacting with clients, team members, and management to resolve project roadblocks.
- Participate and provide leadership in client and project team meetings to establish project objectives and coordinate and/or resolve design problems.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Pulp & Paper Science, or Environmental Engineering Science.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the pulp and paper industry.
- Proven history of leading the process design effort on paper pulp projects.
- Experience in pulp and paper industry is required; specifically working knowledge of the various unit operations within a pulp mill.
- Experience in a variety of technical and/or operational assignments in the paper industry.
- Expertise in manufacturing processes with a demonstrated ability to translate that expertise into cost, quality, and/or capacity improvements is a plus.
- Time management, logical, problem-solver, good written and verbal communication.
Job Reference Number: 1-11E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.