Process Engineer, Injection Molding
This is an Operations Engineering support position providing process development, process improvement, tool verification, tool validation, material sampling, and development functions at a high level as guided by the Tooling Engineers and as directed by the Project Manager. Work is to be performed with a high degree of independence that is subject to the review of the Project Manager.
Responsibility & Authority
Establishes the interrelation of all personnel who manage, perform, and verify work affecting quality via Organization Chart and specific procedures while ensuring the independence and authority necessary to perform these tasks. Organization Chart is reviewed annually for adequacy. Independence and authority are established in the Control of Non-conforming product procedure.
- Must have a high level of knowledge and complete functional understanding of injection molding, process control, machine capability, material processing, auxiliary equipment, process troubleshooting, and tool functionality.
- Schedules, coordinates, and performs all mold samplings for the Validation Group as it relates to initial tool samplings, DOE runs, confirmations runs, and other qualification activities as needed.
- Communicates with Process Engineers and Project Lead on a daily basis with regards to sampling schedules and dates.
- Coordinates sampling dates and press availability, along with communicating project priorities, with appropriate business unit production scheduling personnel.
- Responsible for managing and updating a daily list of sampling dates, priorities, activities, and press availability with the goal of sending a consistent and accurate message to new product project scheduling functions.
- Serves as primary troubleshooter when machine, tool, or process problems develop during NPD new project qualification and confirmations runs.
- Responsible for developing and documentation process parameters used during NPD tool qualification or confirmation runs.
- Travel to initial tool samplings at selected tooling suppliers to determine tool functionality and capability.
- Travels to and supports tool samplings at all facilities as directed by the Project Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and sees that all shop safety rules are being followed and all housekeeping standards are met.
- Will complete sampling related reports and documentation in a timely manner such as process parameters, machine setups, process data, tool schematics, hot runner setups, and sampling reports. This information will be in a format that can easily translate for incorporation into each project’s respective job packet.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all data generated during the sampling process, and that the correct paperwork is forwarded to the correct individuals.
- Responsible for the use of EPOS or other process related software when necessary for the collection of data during DOE samplings and confirmations runs.
- Assist Operations, as directed by the Project Manager, in process set-ups and troubleshooting during early production and PQ runs.
Job Reference Number: 10-16AG
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.