Candidate will manage the engineering planning & preparation activities necessary to launch assigned new jobs and engineering changes at rate and 100% quality. Also, has engineering responsibility for resolving process problems and improving plant safety, quality, and productivity on assigned programs/processes.
Executes Process Engineering Activities
- Develops, optimizes, documents and updates process work instructions and set-up procedures as required.
- Develops and updates tooling specifications and best practices for plant processes.
- Reviews new and existing product design to ensure optimal manufacturability, adherence to tolerance guidelines, functionality, tool design, machine design, cell layout, and safety and ergonomic concerns.
- Leads process development effort through cross-functional teams to develop optimal cell layout and process flow layout while adhering to safety, quality, and productivity protocols.
- Develops, documents and employs process troubleshooting guidelines.
- Demonstrates compliance to department IATF 16949: 2016 procedures.
- Participate in the TFC process to assist in determining optimum processes, tooling, and material requirements for customer quotes.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing principles (e.g., 5S, value stream mapping, SMED, standardized work methods, etc.) to improve assigned processes.
Leads Engineering Efforts to Resolve/Improve Process Opportunities
- Identifies and resolves process improvements leading to better cycle times, reduced spoilage, improved process capability (i.e., Cpk, Ppk), and increased throughput.
- Evaluates and takes actions needed to meet or exceed plant targets set for spoilage, cycle time, and quality.
- Assists production staff as process expert by utilizing troubleshooting, diagnosis, debugging, and other technical skills to keep production lines running at peak efficiency.
- Performs cause analysis and corrective action implementation on assigned customer complaints or internal failures as assigned
- Performs safety analysis and implementation as assigned.
Plant Launches/APQP activities
- Ensure compliance and complete assigned APQP activities.
- Evaluate effectiveness of proposed process (process/flow/floor space/layout/ergonomics/ etc.)
- Initiate activities to secure and install new equipment or processes.
- Leads cross-functional teams to develop PFMEA’s, mistake/error proofing.
- Leads and/or assists with tooling design and development from prototype through manufacturing production stages as required by Program Manager.
- Review product design with respect to materials, quality, function and manufacturability.
- Prototype and pre-launch production runs
- Train operators, supervisors, and maintenance personnel to run new processes and equipment.
- Ensure products meet quoted cycle time, material usage, and operator requirements.
- Coordinates PPAP, PSA’s, Run at Rates runs with plant personnel to ensure a capable product.
Minimum [Must have to be considered for the position]:
- Experience or training using computer software applications (MS Office, Windows Operating Systems).
- Demonstrated achievements requiring Mechanical/Electrical problem-solving and creative abilities.
Desired [Will provide job holder with added skills(s) to perform duties]:
- Five or more years relevant work experience in manufacturing involving automation applications.
- Experience interpreting or using CAD/CAM drawings and systems.
- A working knowledge of plant processes.
- The ability to perform Failure Model and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Design of Experiments (DOE’s).
- A thorough knowledge of automotive policies and procedures, with emphasis on manufacturing planning, quality planning, statistical methods and problem solving.
- A demonstrated ability to plan and organize.
- The ability to reach closure on assigned tasks within suspense dates.
Intermediate knowledge of Fanuc Robots
Job Reference Number: 10-13AG
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.