The candidate will be responsible for planning and preparation of activities necessary to launch assigned new jobs and engineering changes at quoted cycle rate and 100% quality. Also, has lead engineering responsibility for providing support to production needs such as resolving process problems and improving safety, quality, and productivity on assigned programs/processes.
Facilities and Engineering Projects
- Responsible for process development effort to develop optimal cell layout, work instructions, process flow layout, set-up procedures, while adhering to safety, quality, and productivity protocols.
- Coordinates internal engineering trials for PPAP’s, PSA’s, Run at Rates, etc.
- Responsible for launches through development and engineering of new or changed products.
- Responsible for the set-up or running of plant service parts as required.
- Responsible for the programming and optimization robots as assigned.
- Complete assigned projects on time
- Assist in review and prioritization of projects.
- Prepare and submit MERs as required to complete projects
- Accomplishes the above tasks through compliance with the plant’s Advanced Planning Quality Procedures (APQP)
Contribute to Improvements in Plant Quality/Productivity
- Resource for trouble-shooting process and equipment problems.
- Research new equipment options.
- Assist in startup of new equipment/process as assigned.
- Trouble-shoot or modify PLC programming as directed by Engineering Manager.
- Trouble-shoot and document process problems/solutions.
Plant Environmental, Ergonomic, and Safety
- Follows through with corrective actions related to environmental, ergonomic, and safety items.
- Experience with or training in Statistical Process Control.
- Experience with CAD.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to effectively solve problems.
- Demonstrated mechanical design aptitude.
- The ability to reach closure on assigned tasks within required dates.
- Experience or training using computer systems and software (MSOffice, Windows Operating Systems).
- 2 Years of relevant work experience.
Desired [Will provide job holder with added skill(s) to perform duties]:
- The ability to perform Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Design of Experiments (DOEs).
- Knowledge of Automotive Quality Systems.
- PLC programming experience or training.
- Robotic programming experience or training.
- Experience using and interpreting statistical software.
- Experience with thermoforming, injection molding, or extrusion processes.
Job Reference Number: 10-12AG
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.