Well established, large and growing company in the Dayton, OH area has an outstanding opportunity available for a Process Engineer with experience in injection molding. The purpose of this position is to provide engineering support to the production department in order to implement process improvements (cost reduction, quality improvement, reduce downtime, improve tooling & equipment, etc.). This position is also responsible for designing and developing new products and bringing them into mass production.
- Provide engineering support to production department.
- Troubleshooting of equipment, tooling, materials, and processing issues.
- Continuous improvement for production processes and quality.
- Obtain quotes for tooling and equipment.
- Order and develop new tooling and equipment.
- Analyze scrap and labor and recommend countermeasures.
- Update production documentation.
- Analyzing incoming chemicals and compounds and administer testing.
- R&D on compounds.
- Work on cost savings initiatives.
- Administer training.
- Generate reports i.e., scrap, capacity, etc.
- Assure safety procedures are followed.
- New product development.
- Complete engineering estimates.
- Obtain quotes.
- Order tooling and equipment.
- Maintain all necessary documentation.
- Design product.
- Trial builds and implementation.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or other technical degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Five plus years of experience in manufacturing engineering, preferably in an automotive components industry.
- Excellent AutoCAD, blueprint reading and computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Excellent knowledge of tooling and mechanical abilities.
- Plastics and injection molding experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting, documentation, mathematical and analytical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of Toyota production system principles.
- Experience changing molds and programming robots.
Job Reference Number: 10-20E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.