Growing company with multiple manufacturing locations has an excellent opportunity available for a Plant Manager. Experience in plastic injection molding, blow molding, thermoplastics, polyethylene, polypropylene, polyolefins, HDPE, LDPE or LLDPE would be a plus. This position offers a very competitive base salary, bonus potential, and comprehensive benefits.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner by getting along with customers, clients, co-workers, supervisors, managers, and all other employees.
- Responsible for adhering to and maintaining all quality system procedures and requirements related to the position.
- Must adhere to all safety rules and company policies as well as enforce the compliance and implementation of each through subordinates. Responsible to promote and sustain a safe work environment.
- Attendance/punctuality: is consistently at work and on-time; assures attendance policy is enforced consistently through subordinates.
- Excellent communication skills required in order to effectively lead and support employees and to motivate, encourage, and inspire employees.
- Primary accountability to lead the plant’s manufacturing performance with company budget.
- Participate and implement plant annual budget and quarterly forecasts to include Profit & Loss Statements, CAPEX Spend & Payroll Budgets; among others.
- Report daily, weekly and monthly operations performance statistics to senior operations staff.
- In conjunction with Program Management, responsible for successful new program launches and PPAP.
- Responsible for keeping 100% on-time shipping record intact.
- Responsible to handle quality defects in a timely, proactive manner. Current year PPM levels expected to stay under 50PPM.
- Participate in planning of equipment maintenance that is scheduled for and completed during semi-annual planned shutdowns.
- Promote a continuous learning environment; help develop employees with an emphasis on championing the plants goals, objectives, and plans.
- Suggest and implement operations improvements to meet yearly customer cost improvement goals.
- Prepare and participate in ISO/TS 16949 quality certification.
- Communicate the status of all effort to both the plant employees and senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or seven to ten years related experience and/or training in plastic injection molding and/or manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; TQM Operating System; ability to learn software as needed.
Job Reference Number: 1-24E
Midland Recruiters is committed to finding the best candidates and
simplifying your entire search process.